Email/Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Location: Surry Hills, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Espresso requires an experienced and creative Email Marketing Manager and technically competent marketer looking to 'own' a digital execution role. This role would suit a passionate email marketer who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, work independently, genuinely desire to fast-track their digital career, and enjoy working with a solutions-focused and fun team!
Your role will involve end-to-end campaign analysis, development of critical reporting, planning and data insight and will lead the development and implementation of automation strategies and programs, and work collaboratively with others across the broader team and organisation.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role is pivotal in managing the customer lifecycle via email and SMS. You will be responsible for building and executing cross-channel campaigns across our marketing automation technology stack - working collaboratively with our ecommerce and communications teams to deliver personalised, relevant communications to our customers while continuing to experiment, test and learn to improve customer engagement.
As a key member of the Marketing team, the Email Marketing Manager is responsible for setting up and managing email marketing automation, email campaigns and online forms/surveys to deliver personalised customer communication and help define the customer journeys that shape our digital customer experience.
Core Responsibilities• End-to-end email/SMS marketing: Design, execution and scheduling of all email marketing through Klaviyo.
• Conduct day-to-day management of eDM processes and execution (i.e., building, testing and deployment using Klaviyo, following best practices).
• Consult with Marketing and Comms teams on best practice journey design and build practices.
• Complete the build of complex customer journeys and their components including optimisation through creative testing, multivariate and A/B testing.
• Lead QA, regression testing & UAT for journeys including the development of testing plans.
• Design and manage internal workflows and processes that involve the Martech stack.
• Understand and share expertise to participate in the development and implementation of new Marketing Automation features, system integration and ongoing development.
• Assist in the execution of any new CRM initiatives and manage the ongoing monitoring of data integrity and troubleshooting of technical and data issues.
• Provide recommendations on improvement of data capture and system integrations to improve customer communications.
• Customise campaigns for different regions and audiences for each Shopify store.
• Audit and ensure health of the subscriber database.
• Reporting - Constantly reviewing campaign and journey performance, providing insights and recommending improvements.
• Define, implement and automate omnichannel communications and touch points to improve lead nurture, service provided, retention, engagement and the overall customer experience.
- • A motivated & proactive self-starter with X+ years of experience in ecommerce/digital marketing with a focus on customer communications or a similar role.
- • Experience in operational end-to-end data driven automated customer lifecycle journeys (primarily in mail, email and/or SMS) and establishing processes to support this. You will also have experience using customer data, modelling, segmentation and testing methodologies to inform campaigns and strategies.
- • Previous e-commerce experience across consumer electronics or similar sector with in-depth knowledge of Klaviyo and Shopify
- • You'll be a strong communicator and team player who enjoys supporting team members and is happy to take on responsibility and get things done.
- • You are solution-focused, extremely organised, analytical, and data-driven, with solid attention to detail.
- • Direct to Consumer experience is highly regarded
- • Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks to ensure deadlines are met, while working in a focused manner under pressure
- • Excellent copy writing skills (content creation desirable)
- • Basic knowledge of HTML advantageous